Saturday, January 2, 2010

Lollipops and Lemons

Hi!
I made a few lollipops and fruit slices I made last week and they are finally dried and ready to go!
I use a Japanese transparent resin clay called Sukerukun for these. This is the easiest and most transparent clay I have found but it is hard to find outside of Japan and can be pricey!




I will paint in the details with acrylic paint!



The elephant pop with sprinkles is not to transparent because I used a light blue acrylic which probably had alot of white in it. I learned that I should just use a small drop of straight blue acrylic.
I used tiny black beads for the seeds in the Kiwi pop.

3 comments:

Beadcomber said...

they look nice! Do you find the clay stays very flexible when cured?

Kawaii Friends Cafe said...

Thanks!
Yes, it is very flexible. You can almost bend it in half and it will not break!

Unknown said...

Where is the best place to purchase this transparent clay? I see some on Etsy/Ebay, but they are all "you need this + this + this" so I am confused. Thank you!