Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Secret Garden

Good morning! I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend so far!
I thought I would show something other than SWEETS for this post, so I'd like to share a little secret.
I'm lucky enough to live in a house with a huge back yard which has a stream and jungle like area. And because I live in Hawaii there are so many beatiful and strange looking plants and wildlife to discover! Every morning I like to troll the area and take pictures, and I make my way down to the stream to feed the  swordtails and guppies. There's even an elusive giant albino catfish that I once saw with my sister when we were little!
Here are some pics I took yesterday!
I think this is some type of Ginger? It was as big as my head!

Making my way down to the stream. It's hidden in the bushes.

Spotted a giant green Chameleon! Do you see him?


My secret spot. Hard to see but there's tons of fishies!

Fresh ginger! The aroma was quite pungent!

These are so strange looking right? 

Even stranger, this orchid like flower grows out of it!

Mini Avocados! They flew off the tree with the strong winds we've been having.

I like the colors of this Haleconia flower.

Bitter Melon! Yuck!

Even the flower of a Green Onion can be pretty!
I took alot more pics but then this post will be really long, so I will save them for next time!
Have a nice day! Go outside and enjoy nature!

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I love your backguard! haha In holland we've got only grass.. and evan more grass..
Do you get alot of inspiration of you garden or the area??

Kawaii Friends Cafe said...

yes I do! the colors of all the ginger flowers are so bright and there's just so much to look at! I even caught a big Jackson Cameleon!